Coronavirus update from First Team Nissan
An important message from our President and General Manager, David Dillon:
Dear Valued Guests,
Our entire First Team Family are as concerned as you are by this period of uncertainty and how we all should carry out even the most basic of life’s necessities. The safety and well-being of everyone are our First concern. Good People… Great Values is not a slogan! It is how we take care of our guests, our team members and our community. Right now, we are reevaluating our Values in how we take care of our facilities and people to make sure that we are addressing all areas to help make sure that a visit to our stores is cleaner than ever.
We want you to know that First Team will continue to provide the essential services you have come to rely on! Our sales, parts, collision and service departments remain open, please call for hours. Right now we are considered to be Essential so we are open Regular Hours. We will update our website and Google immediately if Governor Northam makes any changes.
For the safety of our team members and guests, we have implemented additional precautions and measures at all of our dealerships. As we say, “Good People…Great Values!” is more than just a slogan, it’s who we are and what we stand for, as part of the Roanoke and New River Valley communities since 1988. We are very proud of the processes and procedures we have put in place to assure our guests and team members are as safe as possible.
As many of you know, First Team has always taken great care and pride in making sure that we not only have exceptional facilities that are well maintained, clean and comfortable to visit. We also go the extra mile in offering many amenities that other automotive facilities just do not have… and that is where we ask for your understanding the next few weeks or so.
To help make sure that safety precautions are enhanced to protect us all using recommendations from the CDC and other sources, we are taking the following precautionary changes effective immediately:
- Our Facilities Team has dramatically increased our daily sanitizing processes on all contact surfaces. All guest touch points, door handles, counters, restrooms, etc. are being sanitized multiple times a day.
- Rental Vehicles are being sanitized before and after use.
- Our Service Team is using Seat and Steering Wheel covers while your vehicle is in for Repair and all Team Members are wearing Gloves.
- All Team members have been instructed on the latest safety regulations and procedures as well as practicing Social Distancing.
- As an Essential Business, we are committed to remaining open in all departments.
- We have temporarily discontinued our Service Guest Shuttle as an added precaution.
- We have suspended all Beverage and Snack Amenities for now. We will be shutting down all Coffee and Drink Machines as well as discontinuing all Snack offerings. We do understand that many of you appreciate and look forward to these items while your vehicle is in service and we ask for your understanding during this temporary inconvenience.
We also want you to know that you have the option to complete most of your new & pre-owned vehicle buying online! From the comfort of your own home, you can:
- Get a virtual Trade-in value and offer,
- Apply for financing and get loan approvals,
- Calculate your payments
- In many instances we can send you the terms electronically for you sign and return, so all you will need to do is take care of the final paperwork and deliver your new vehicle at your convenience. Your vehicle will be sanitized, clean and ready for you.
- New programs, such as 90- or more-day deferred payments and lower APR rates are being released by the manufacturers. These offers are usually in lieu of Rebates/Dealer Cash… and we will work with you for the solution that fits your situation best. However, overall, we are seeing rates since this past weekend much lower that any we have seen in over three years.
We are committed to making many other changes to our processes as necessary to make sure that we are as careful as we can be in every contact we may have. From not shaking hands to learning new ways to greet and serve you, we are adapting to this new environment to keep your safety and well-being… First.
All of us at First Team thank you sincerely for the trust you have blessed us with over the past thirty years. We look forward to serving you with the best in Automotive Sales, Service, Parts and Collision Repair as always, with an extra emphasis for now on keeping us all safe.
With sincere thanks for your trust in us,
President / General Manager